Citrus Polymethoxylated Flavones

Citrus Polymethoxylated Flavones
Citrus Polymethoxylated Flavones​
Citrus Polymethoxylated Flavones
Citrus Polymethoxylated Flavones​ Spec

Citrus Polymethoxylated Flavones is a flavones found in citrus fruits have been shown to deliver several health benefits. There are many types of flavonoids that have already been identified, and one particular sub-set that is of interest is Citrus Polymethoxylated Flavones, or PMF as they are popularly known.

It has been shown that PMF has numerous cardio-protective benefits and manufacturers now offer PMF supplement products under various brand names. Here is a descriptive review of this group of flavonoids, including what it is, how it works, the uses, benefits, and concerns, as well as a few examples of top supplements.

What are PMFs?

As aforesaid,Citrus Citrus Polymethoxylated Flavones are a group of natural polyphonic compounds known as flavonoids. PMF is derived from orange and tangerine peels, among other citrus fruits. These peels are often highly methoxylated and contain active biological molecules known to impact the metabolic processes in a positive way.

The popular use for PMFs is in lowering bad cholesterol LDL, although the compounds are also known to result in other health benefits, such as protection from inflammation, heart disease, and cancer.

How Pmfs Work in the Body

The discovery of PMFs impact on the body is not in any way new. Research studies done on animal subjects back in 2004 were quite positive. Based on the joint scientific research carried out by the US Agriculture Department and Canada’s KGK Synergize, PMFs can be a very effective alternative to reducing LDL and helping in cholesterol management.

Although cholesterol can be controlled through dieting by avoiding saturated and trans-fatty acids, this will only influence 20% as the remaining 80% of cholesterol is synthesized by the body in the liver. 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl Coenzyme A (HMG-CoA) reductase is the rate-limiting enzyme that controls biosynthesis of cholesterol in the liver.

When there is low cholesterol in the blood, the liver produces more of this enzyme, thus increasing cholesterol synthesis. Conversely, high cholesterol in the blood triggers the liver to limit the production of this enzyme.

PMFs are highly methoxylated, which means one of the H-groups in the compound is replaced by CH2O. By taking PMF, the limiting enzyme production is lowered resulting in the reduction of LDL cholesterol synthesized.

Dietary choices are usually the major cause of disruption to the cholesterol synthesis process, increasing the production of HMG-CoA reductase. Using dietary supplements to deliver Citrus Polymethoxylated Flavones is one way to counteract this effect.

Flavonoids also act in various other ways that include reducing oxidative drug metabolism, inhibiting LDL cholesterol oxidation, and inhibition of chemical carcinogenesis that often results in tumor development


Di’ao supply high quality product.